Squash Pie Graham Crust
- 1 cup LOYAL
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup gluten free flour
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.You’ll know it’s ready once the dough starts to come together and appears smooth.
- Roll the dough on 2 sheets of parchment paper until the dough becomes bigger than the pie mold.
- Transfer the dough into the pie mold.
- Brush the mold with coconut oil
- Press the dough into the pie mold evenly and smoothly
- Chill the dough for 30 - 40 minutes before filling it with squash pie filling and baking
Squash Pie Filling
- 1 cup LOYAL
- 4 cups (or 2 lb. after cooking) roasted butternut squash
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 ¾ cup coconut cream (recipe coming soon)
- 4 ½ tablespoons of arrowroot powder
- 3 tbsp brandy
- Pomegranate seeds for topping
- Cut the squash in half and remove the seeds.
- Place the squash on parchment paper and roast in 325° oven for 45-60 minutes. Wait until the squash is tender.
- Once the squash is tender, remove the skin put into a large container.
- Add in all of the ingredients into the large container.
- Put all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth consistency.
- Pour the mixture into a 9”” pie pan
- Set the oven to 325°F and bake for 20-45 minutes.
- Continue to bake the pie until it reaches 175°F internal temperature.
- Let the pie cool until it reaches room temperature.
- Top with Loyal coconut cream and pomegranate seeds or topping of choice