This recipe makes 10-12 cookies
- 1/3 cup Loyal sweetener
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 1/4 cup aquafaba (liquid in a can of chickpeas)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
1. Take a large mixing bowl and pour in the gluten-free flour, almond flour, baking powder, sea salt, Loyal sweetener, and dark chocolate chips. Stir thoroughly.
2. In a separate mixing bowl, pour in the aquafaba (liquid in a chickpea can) and whisk using a handheld mixer. Keep mixing it until it becomes fluffy.
3. Add the melted coconut oil and vanilla to the bowl with the aquafaba whisk thoroughly to combine. Then add to the dry ingredients from the large mixing bowl and mix until just combined. This should create a firm dough.
4. Cover the bowl and let it chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. In the meantime,
5. preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C)
6. line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
7. Scoop out 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough and put onto the baking sheet. Use your hand to mold the cookies into small balls.
8. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes until the edges turn golden on the bottoms. Baking time should depend on whether you like your cookies on the softer or crispier side.
9. Take the cookies out of the oven and let them sit and cool for roughly 5 minutes. Then carefully loosen with a spatula.
10. Time to enjoy. Goes great with a cup of nut milk or coconut milk on the side or our Loyal whipped coffee